Demigender ('demi' is a french prefix meaning"half" or "lesser" ) is a gender identity in which one feels a partial connection to a certain gender or genders, or to the concept of gender, and may identify partially, but not wholly, with a certain gender or genders. It is an umbrella term for other identities, such as demiboy, demigirl, deminonbinary, demiagender, demifluid, and more. It is also considered both a transgender and non-binary identity. However, not all demigender individuals may identify with the one or both of those labels.
The Flag[edit | edit source]
The colors for the demigender flag are dark gray, then light gray, then light yellow, white, back to light yellow, light gray, and dark gray.
The greys of the demi- flags represent the partial connection and the gray areas, the yellow represents non-binary gender identities, and the white represents agender identity.
Demigender Identities[edit | edit source]
- Demiboy: Partially identifying as a man (or otherwise masculine)
- Demigirl: Partially identifying as a woman (or otherwise feminine)
- Deminonbinary: Partially identifying as non-binary
- Demifluid: One's gender partially being fluid, while another part is static
- Demiflux: One's gender partially being fluid, while another part is static. Different from demiflux as -flux implies that one of the genders is neutral/agender.
- Demiagender: Partially identifying as agender.
- Demineutrois: Partially identifying as neutrois.
- Demigender: Partially identifying as non-binary and male and female